The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Linde is currently seeking a Transport Supervisor Supply to join the team in the Midland, NC area.
• Analyze the daily schedule from Linde National Operations Center to insure continuous product supply by managing daily driver availability and coordination with maintenance staff to provide equipment resources necessary.
• Manage third party contractor support for the daily schedule in times of major logistical challenges as directed by regional management (i.e. major outages, on-site shut downs, etc.).
• Manage driver's hours of service in accordance with Linde policies and Federal/State regulations. On a daily basis, review location driver hour availability with NOC planners to prevent driver fatigue.
• Daily oversight and analysis of previous days completed trips insuring driver compliance with routing and customer supply levels meet demand requirements.
• Local supervision of all logistical activities to insure local inventory does not fall below red line levels on day to day basis.
• Provide real time after hours support for all driver and customer activities supporting central team at National Operations Center.
• Assist Transport Manager with potential employee recruitment and screening.
• Coordinate scheduling of all new hire and ongoing training activities to meet Linde and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Oversight of third party contract carrier operations including review and processing of carrier invoices for accuracy and payment.
• Assist Transport Manager with local SHEQ plan including development of safety talk/safety meeting material, monthly site inspections, coordination of Non Conforming Customer Site improvement plans and daily walk around Good Catches.
• Manage equipment resource availability while working with maintenance team to insure preventative maintenance in accordance with Linde requirements.
• Daily review of driver paperwork, data input and data flow for transport related systems and processes. Provide real time coaching support to insure quality pass through of information to the regional BPE team.
• Assignment to other Transport locations for the purpose of providing on site management support during vacations or other absences.
• Provide on site support for Transport tasks such as LiMMS audit preparation, Responsible Care certifications, ISO certifications and regulatory audits/inquiries.
• Daily, weekly and monthly coordination of Driver Performance Index (DPI) and other performance related tools to include data scrubbing when necessary. Using DPI data, supervisor will identify opportunities for positive feedback and develop coaching plans when necessary.
• Provide support to all local Transport employees through regular formal and informal observations such as LeadSafe engagements, NCCS site visits, driver ride alongs, plant walk around, etc.
• High School diploma
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the transport field
• Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
• High degree of knowledge of DOT, OSHA and Hazmat regulations
• Familiar with PM based maintenance programs
• Strong degree of computer literacy
• Highly proficient in all Linde Distribution systems (Gold, XATA, NeXIS)
• Excellent communication skills - requires extensive communication with office staff, drivers and customers
• Ability to influence people through coaching and mentoring for continuous improvement
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.