The Classification Specialist shall be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Performs HTSUS classification and ADD-CVD analysis of all the imported items. Coordinates with Engineering on classification of equipment and with Procurement on supplier decisions.
- Performs Schedule B and ECCN analysis for Exports.
The classification specialist will support the organization’s Trade Compliance Manager with the following:
- Provides leadership and expert guidance on the performance of corporate procurement and logistics personnel who manage day to day import and export operations at various locations.
- Provides problem solving on an as needed basis including the occasional urgent trade issue.
- Advises Procurement, Engineering (e.g., classifications for equipment transfers), Logistics, Operations and Legal, Contract Management and Sales in regulatory compliance issues and possible buying opportunities.
- Manages Import Customs Clearance - International Inbound Cargo – and Export Clearance / AES filing - International Outbound Cargo.
- Confirms accurate calculation and payment of duties and customs fees.
- Establishes post-entry and post-export review procedures and addresses any government trade agency compliance audits. Performs ‘Import Data Risk Assessment’.
- Closely collaborates with the various import and export agencies and in-house legal counsel on select topics
- Performs the calculation and tracking of the annual Value Reconciliation Program.